Monday, December 17, 2012

prayers

Hearing about what happened in Newtown Connecticut has made me feel angry, confused, but mostly deeply, deeply sad. I don't know what kind of people perform such horrendous acts and I don't like living in a world where things like this just happen.  Who is accountable? God? It's moments like these I start to entertain the idea that maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the world did implode.  We've done a pretty good job of fucking up the environment, and each other. If we all just evaporated into the particles of dust we came from - we'd be free to float in the galaxy - free from these kinds of nightmares.

My heart skips a beat when I think about the children in this tragedy - which leads me to think about the children in my life.  How I love them so incredibly much and how destroyed I'd be if anything ever happened to them.  Then I remember I can't protect the people I love from this life, and the fear is momentarily crippling.

I can't do anything but try to be a good person, and pray.  I pray for the families of the ones lost, for the people confronted by this horror, for those whose lives have been cut short and for humankind. 

No comments: