Monday, December 24, 2012

a turn up for the books



Well, thank Christ that didn't happen! It's quite nice to be on the other side of an apocalyptic prediction.

Here we are one day away from Christmas, a time when glitter is finding its way to unusual places (and will continue to do so for many months to come); and pork crackling is being coveted at disturbing proportions.

I get a funny kind of feeling this time of year; a mental itch that maybe I haven't done enough - for myself, for others. As the year is skidding to a close, I remember all the things I should have done, the changes I should  have made - and I feel guilt, and fear.  

All I can hope for tomorrow is that it is spent mindfully - that while I open presents, my mind isn't wandering to the days ahead; that as I eat delightful Christmas foods, I won't be thinking about the many ways I need to change myself.  Just for tomorrow - may there be peace of mind.

And for the lovely nine, who support me from afar, a Merry Christmas to you. May you be right where your hearts wish to be, and may you and yours be blessed beyond measure.

No comments: