Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bah! Humbug!

by Sour Taffy (source)

I just can't do it.  No matter what I do, the 'spirit' of Christmas eludes me.  The season has all but snuck up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder like a friend long time missed - but instead of embracing it, I feel a bit 'meh' about it all.

Perhaps the collective hours I have spent sitting in doctors waiting rooms lately has sucked the joy right outta me; or because my world's just not as exciting without eye make-up, or maybe it's because time seems to be moving so freakin' fast these days - Tuesdays turn to Thursdays, and Monday mornings pop up in a flash and all the while I feel like I'm moving nowhere.  Then there's that pesky Mayan calendar theory that might just blow my world to smithereens - which would personally be a giant piss-off, seeing as I spent hours yesterday wrapping presents - oh, and because I'd like to fall in love before I die. Call me a pessimist, but I don't think 6, or 19 days is going to be quite enough time for me to achieve that one.

At the moment things are all lemon juice and All Bran, as opposed to 'beer and skittles'.  If everyone else's life is a party, I'm the one stuck in a toilet cubicle.

No comments: