Saturday, November 6, 2010

my own kind of girl

My shuffling ipod this morning delivered me this little gem called 'Your own kind of girl' by Clare Bowditch. If I could post the audio somehow I would - it's a lovely song to hear.

Chocolate - you've got chocolate on your
mouth. Oh you long to be like the other
girls, but you're not gonna be like another
girl, "some other girl". You've been reading
magazines again -comparing your sweet body
to the bodies of natures longest ones,
smoothed out with airbrush guns.

You've been wondering when the answer is
gonna come. It's not gonna come, till you
realise, you are fine. You're more than
enough. The real world needs real girls to
love themselves enough.

...

Chocolate - you've got chocolate on your
mouth. Oh you long to be like the other
girls, but you weren't born to be "some
other girl". You're gonna be your own
kind of girl.

SB xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE love love this. I was actually sitting in bed today eating chocolate while coveting the bodies of some hot gay boys on "The A List New York" (its so sickening). So F that...I'll be my own kind of girl, too. Love ya!