Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Handyman, Candyman

There's a maintenance man at work - he's mid to late 40's and balding, and he's notorious for pursuing the young girls in my workplace. I've worked with some of the girls who have been the object of his affection, and seen him in action. I've never been on the receiving end however. This fact plays to my weakness and after three years of clearly not being good enough, I find myself asking "what's so wrong with me?"

What is so awful about me, that I can't grab the momentary attention of a bald, lanky, 'mature' man who spends 8 hours a day (this is not an exaggeration), dressed in khaki? I used to think he was the odd one - but then in this "one of these things does not belong here; one of these things is not the same" game - I think I may be the minority.

To the other extreme. I had a young fella approach my desk today - he shocked me a little when I looked up - I didn't expect to be met by a pair of piercing blue eyes and 'just the right amount' of stubble. He made me blush! Whoa I thought - I wish all the clientele looked like that. So, intrigued, I did some detective work and found that this man-child was born an entire decade after me. Jesus Christ and Mother Mary, he's barely legal and I'm fucking old!

Just my luck.

SB xx

2 comments:

MissEmy said...

8 hours in khaki? bah- that would get old fast. :P

StrangeBird said...

yeah - I reckon it's pretty grim too MissEmy