Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Knobs & Whiskers

My life has whiskers on it, or knobs, or both. I didn't know what this meant until recently, but I learnt for something to have whiskers on it, is to say that people want to avoid it. And that's me. I have metaphorical whiskers... look, at this point, possibly real ones too.

The 'major social event' I was talking about previously, is on tomorrow. I'm in two minds about whether to go. I have the outfit and everything it entails organised, I guess I'd just hoped for an invite that was a little more concrete than "we're meeting you there, right?" I don't know what I was expecting... I guess I just wanted to feel included... like people wanted me there, but at the moment I feel more like the bald spare tire in the boot that everyone forgot about fixing. Oh, I know, dramatic. Don't I get to be, just a little?

The major piss-off is that I brought a kick-ass hair accessory thing, which I was excited to unveil. But now, it's kind of like... eh? The whole day is... eh? And if I do manage to find the group (amongst a crowd of 1000's) how am I going to feel once I get there? And tag along like "thanks so much guys, for allowing me to tag along with you..."

(Insert hopeless crying here...)

I don't know what I'm going to do. Pretty up those whiskers and take the girls out for a peek, or hide in a cave - dignity intact, but ugly?

SB xx

No comments: