Sunday, October 20, 2013

shit happens to everybody?

Last week, on the day I found out I would have to stay confined to a 'moon-boot' for the next six weeks I was feeling more than a little sorry for myself.  Thinking about how I had arrived in this shitty spot almost one year ago, and how I was still trying to dig myself out, one handful of dirt at a time.  Wondering if I would ever see an end to pain, medical bills, heat packs, muscle rubs or hydrotherapy pools 7am on a Sunday. If I'd ever get asked the question "and how have you been this week?" without having to pay the person afterwards.

On this day I took a work call, from a guy wanting to change his appointment. He was a friendly guy, it was an easy request and I was happy and able to oblige.  And out of nowhere he expresses to me how happy he is that he is getting better.  That there was a period in the past where he thought he never would, how he wished, now looking back, that he had written down just how awful and hopeless he had felt, because now he could say "look, it turned out ok".

I didn't know this guy, he didn't know me - but he delivered a message that I needed to hear.

So, it's a journey. I suppose for now I console myself with the idea that not every ones journey is the same road, or the same distance. It just is what it is.

"Do not chase people. Be you and do your own thing and work hard. The right people who belong in your life will come to you, and stay."Wu Tang Clan

No comments: