Sunday, September 18, 2011

about face

Facebook shits me to tears! Sometimes I wonder why I am even on there - and then I remember the power of the Facebook stalk, and it keeps me hooked. BUT, my utilisation of this electronic popularity contest is beside the point.  My point is, Facebook enables stupid people - and while I'm all for equal rights - however, stupidity, the kind that you see on Facebook is highly offensive!

I've come up with some simple rules and guidelines, that I wish the world would take note of.

1) There shall be no abbreviations - ever. No LOL, OMG, OMFG, TGIF, CU.  I abhor these, and will have none of it. If it is a thought worth declaring publicly, then write it out in full form.

2) Thou shall learn the difference between there/their/they're and use these accordingly.  It's really not that difficult.

3) Learn to spell - for God's sake.  It frightens me that everyone under the age of say 22, are seemingly illiterate.  These people will be in charge of important shit someday.

4) We all know that the Facebook 'friend' is a term that is used very loosely - however don't be one of these people that request or accept someone, only to dump them months down the road. It's rude, plus it kind of sucks balls for the person who is being dumped. So, 'accept' wisely y'all.

I just need to believe that there is some intelligence and good taste left in the world.

SB xx

No comments: