Tuesday, October 26, 2010

don't ask

Don't ask me, what you know is true
Don't have to tell you I love your precious heart

The world got a little quieter when this man died - and what a true shame for those of us left behind. I haven't really known what words to put to the way I have been feeling today. I feel like the last couple of days I have been resolute in my goal to move forward, for things to be different... but today, I realise that I just keep fooling myself. Sometimes I think my whole existence is just an extended performance, masking another performance - sometimes there is so much bullshit and lies that I can't see the truth for wanting. When you strip back the 'shoulds' and the wishes and the distractions there doesn't seem to be much left behind.

But a silver lining to the day, the recognition of another "reason to live": the chance to hear a song like this, sung with a voice like that. Pure magic.

Enjoy,
SB xx

No comments: