Saturday, April 13, 2013

nobodies baby, everybody's girl

I sort of fell in love last night.... but he doesn't know it.

I happened upon him at a social outing; he was singing sad, bluesy songs with his sexy, gravelly voice. He had warm, youthful brown eyes and I had seriously considered paying him to say my name over and over and over again. His generous beard had ginger undertones, but I did not care. 

By his second song I was preparing the "Mum I'm going to marry a ginger" speech in my head - even at the risk of being disowned.  By 11pm we were meeting each others parents (and I was charming the fucking pants off his folks, let me tell you!) and at the nights end, we had fictional babies and a permanent address.

See, this is what happens when I go out in public; I find people I can't have. I fall in lust way-too-quickly.

But, I make a terrible groupie - so I was never going to make a very good impression.  When I went to buy his E.P's, he gave me back the wrong change and when I figured it out I didn't want to say anything (although he did realise and called me back) but I did make myself look like a total dumb-ass.  I'm not stupid, really...



No comments: