Saturday, October 20, 2012

in the eye of the beholder

I've pretty much been lounging around the interior of the house for five days, high on painkillers, wearing my pajama bottoms all day - yeah, you heard me, and sporting big black retro-shaped sunglasses like an alcoholic movie-star under house arrest. I'm that cool.

No, in truth I've been hiding in rooms with closed curtains and quiet lights because I had eye surgery.  The pajama bottoms are pure comfort and convenience - and the sunglasses, well, aside from helping with the sunlight situation, they also provide a slightly more glamorous feel, than my bright red swollen eye lends me.

In my mind, I like to think I look like this..


But when the glasses come off, I look a lot like this...


I have one more weeks reprieve, before I have to put on some actual pants and face the real world like a proper adult. It's not terribly easy looking at the world right now, especially when your brave face is not a particularly pretty one. It's times like these I wish I were the kind of person who didn't care what people thought of me.

No comments: