Monday, February 20, 2012

when the mood becomes the face

It's been a big day for a Monday.  At work, we are currently shifting the department into a new building - a building which is a manifestation of the word: suboptimal.

I want to talk about all the things that annoy me, and all the ways in which this happens - but I realise this stuff consumes me too much.  Maybe I take things too seriously, maybe I just care too much.  I don't know how to reconcile self preservation with self worth - because I want to care about my job, I want to enjoy where I am and what I'm doing, but I also don't want it to be the thing that makes a poor mold of me.

At the moment, I fear I am beginning to manifest this face:


When really, I want to be: happy driving my car...


happy washing my face...


happy...eating fruit..(?)


happy on the phone...


happy brushing my teeth.


Happy, all the time! Except maybe not when washing my face - it just doesn't seem right.

Hmmm... I don't think it's a coincidence that all these "happy" photos are stock photos that require payment for use.  Plenty of free grumpy ones though.

SB xx

1 comment:

Rianna said...

This is awesome :)
I agree- about everything.
You've (yet again) summed things up AMAZINGLY.
'Stock Photos' can go ruin themselves and die!
XX