Monday, April 11, 2011

I don't like manic mondays

I knew today was going to be shit from the moment I woke up. I should've followed that impulse to ditch work. As it was, I didn't pay attention to the sense of foreboding doom, and 22 minutes into my work day, I wished I had the power to control time, just so I could go back, switch off the alarm, flip the almighty bird to Monday and roll over in bed without another thought. What a day. What a shitty, asshole of a day.

Days like today, serve as a reminder of two things:
1) you can't fight the flow of things, and
2) just when you think things can't get worse, they go and push through that ceiling of crapness and redefine it.

The icing on the cake of poo...going to bed with a continual loop of goddamn Sir Bob Geldolf moaning about how he doesn't like Mondays. I hate that song, almost as much as I hated today - now that's saying something.

SB xx

No comments: