Monday, September 27, 2010

Basic Instincts

I've come to learn that there is a lot to be said for the gut feeling you get when you first meet someone. And that, simply put, just means you can pretty much bank on your first impression being the right one. As they say 'first impressions last', and for good reason too.

Lets take a look at my history, ok?

John - good at heart; knows how to turn 'it' on - TRUE
SpottyApple - bitch; manipulator - TRUE 'dat
My boss - good spirit; lacks 'stamina' - TRUE
My Brother-in-law - general good guy; talks a lot of shit - TRUE
My friend Red - quirky but loyal - TRUE
Unfriendly office bitches - bitches - ahh TRUE
Girl at the Subway counter who cut my bread roll - kind; probably gay - (pretty sure) TRUE
Dr Speech Impediment (fellow party attendee) - likes the sound of his own voice - all indications say TRUE

A while ago I was reading a really interesting book that talked about that sort of stuff - it basically said we were finely tuned from our lifelong experiences, to gauge a person, upon first meeting them. I'm fairly confident that my sense of intuition is well developed and that I get a read on people pretty quickly.

The only worry for me is, what kind of first impression am I giving out?!

SB xx

1 comment:

MissEmy said...

True!! I should have trusted the first impression I had when I meant my boyfriend! After that I just justified everything till it was like- ok, dude... that's enough.